Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 8+ equivalent years of experience in government acquisition support or business case analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and/or Information Technology solutions is desired. A Master’s degree or Ph.D. may count for additional years of experience.
Individuals will perform a wide variety of acquisition, investment, budgetary, financial, and other analyses for the Federal Aviation Administration in support of the acquisition and solution implementation phases of major IT programs. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Providing acquisition strategy and planning support to the Federal Aviation Administration
- Supporting the government in conducting market research, developing market surveys, preparing for industry days, planning solicitations, responding to vendors’ inquiries, and preparing solicitation documents.
- Conducting alternatives analyses and preparing associated reports
- Performing requirements analysis and development of Program Requirements Documents
- Supporting the preparation of business case documents and associated analysis/justification to obtain funding/approval to address organizational needs
- Prepare life cycle cost estimates and benefits estimates
- Providing source selection support including support for the preparation of Source Selection Plans, conducting Source Selection Evaluations, and preparing Source Selection Reports,
- Prepare current year and out-year budget forecasts and justification documentation,
- Assist the government in responding to budget inquiries, program budget and requirements analyses, impact statements development, and analytic and management support to budget meetings,
Individuals will be required to contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and cooperative working relationships. Detail oriented, self-driven individuals sought.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Engineering. The individual must have at least 24 semester hours in any combination of fields: including accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management is required.
Graduate and Post Graduate degrees are a plus
High level of proficiency with MS Excel and other MS Office Products. Strong analytical background and good interpersonal skills.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
Travel Available for occasional travel