Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 5+ equivalent years of experience in government business and financial management and analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is required. A Master’s degree or Ph.D. may count for additional years of experience.
Individuals will assist in the efficient and effective operation of the program office, providing on-site program execution and financial management support to analyze, resolve and track budgetary and other financial issues with emphasis on financial execution support activities. In the program execution and financial management support area, the individual’s activities include but are not limited to:
· Assist the PM in preparing budget and financial plans for the program; including justification for operations & maintenance (OPS) and facilities & equipment (F&E) funding;
· Assist in interpreting budget and financial guidance received in order to prepare project plans from this guidance;
· Evaluate program budgetary estimates and monthly financial/business management reports;
· Coordinates with FAA HQ and facilities personnel (FAA TECH Center, VOLPE, etc) on all funding requests;
· Reviews and coordinates funding actions with Program Manager/Business Manager, Program Leads, Contracting Officers and Contracting Officer Representatives;
· Prepares program funding action documentation as required:
o Procurement Requisitions (PR)
o Requisitions for Modification (RFM)
o Requisitions for Inter-Agency Agreements (IAA)
o Program Authorization (PA) funds transfer requests
· Monitors the approval process of all procurement requests for timely commitment, obligation and award to their appropriate contract vehicles.
· Performs continuous reconciliation of all program funding and obligations;
· Develop and maintain an organized set of excel spreadsheets that will serve as current financial tracking mechanism as well as the foundation for a supporting financial database for the program.
· Serves as point-of-contact for program related data calls and information requests associated with program financial tracking and planning meetings; briefings and FAA executive management requirements;
· Assist in coordination of program personnel travel budget planning and travel expenditure tracking and reporting;
· Familiarity with FAA financial toolsets:
o PRISM (FAA Procurement System)
o DELPHI (FAA Accounting System)
o FMS (FAA Financial Management System)
o REGIS (FAA Financial Management Cuff Record System)
o CWP (FAA Corporate Work Plan Project Planning System)
Individuals will be required to contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and cooperative working relationships. Detail oriented, self-driven individuals sought.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Management, Finance, or Accounting.
Graduate and Post Graduate degrees are a plus
High level of proficiency with MS Excel and other MS Office Products. Strong analytical background and good interpersonal skills. Proficiency in use of FAA financial accounting tools/systems.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
Available for occasional travel