Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 2-5 equivalent years of experience in system administration, operation, and maintenance of both Windows and Linux systems, hardware, and software related infrastructure.
- Install, update, troubleshoot, and maintain Windows workstation and server hardware in a lab environment
- Install, update, troubleshoot, and maintain various software on workstations and servers, including software licensing and inventory.
- Install, update, troubleshoot and maintain Linux (primarily CentOS) servers and infrastructure
- Be involved in IT purchasing and acquisition of software and hardware
- Provide end-user IT support to lab users in multi-lab environment
- Employee will report to an IT Manager for the labs
- Continued research and development on the job responsibilities
- Work among multiple office environments and locations
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in the field of Computer Sciences. A combination of a lesser degree and job experience may be considered in lieu of a BS.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Server, Active Directory and Linux Server (specifically CentOS) in a corporate environment; both in installation, setup, and maintenance
- Familiar with maintaining and managing licensed vendor software
- Familiar with on-site and remote troubleshooting and support for end users
- Good troubleshooting skills involving server and workstation hardware, software, and network issues
- Good interpersonal skills helping end-users with a variety of issues
- Be familiar with standard business practices for IT security
- Adhere to any and all business practices, policies and guidelines set forth by the IT policies
- Be able to work remotely and on-site, with frequent foot travel between the multiple offices
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification(s) from Microsoft.
- CompTIA Network + and/or A+ certifications or equivalent
- SQL/Oracle Database maintenance and admin experience
- Cisco Networking Hardware Experience
- Familiar with setup and maintenance of webhosting and public facing applications
- Individual must be able to solve problems quickly and make decisions efficiently.
- Individual must be able to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years
- Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Available for occasional travel