Years of Relevant Experience
At least 8+ years of relevant experience in program meeting and administrative support. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is desired. A Master’s degree may count for additional years of experience.
Experience Required/ Responsibilities:
- Provide direct, daily support to the Program Manager
- Maintain and track action items
- Serve as liaison between the headquarters program office and field personnel
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, and forms control; recommending and implementing changes
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Organizes and assists with planning and directing team work among subject matter experts and/or project leads.
- Creates and develops program management documents and meeting formats, including a weekly Program status briefing package, to support more efficient communication across various layers of the project
- Produces procedure documents and standard templates for team members’ weekly status reports given in the Program Read-Out and Program Management Office Core Team meetings.
- Participates in meetings and derive the outcome and work actions to closure.
- Reviews multiple project schedules and conducts analysis to identify the health of the schedule and activities.
- Supports resource management tasks assigned by the client.
- Writes correspondence as it relates to internal Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) upper management requests as well as external.
- Develops Program Management Review (PMR) presentations for upper-level management.
- Prepares and coordinates reports, briefings, conferences, publications and training.
- Assist in the preparation of meeting agendas and briefing packets
- Maintain participant e-mail lists
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- Document meeting outcomes: this is a key responsibility, experience taking and preparing minutes is a significant part of the job
- Maintain Sharepoint library of documentation
- Provide real-time editorial updates during document reviews
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with 1 – 3 years of professional experience.
- Must have excellent grammar skills
- Attention to detail, strong time management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to encourage the compliance of others
- Skilled in situational and procedural analysis to advise process improvements
- Aptitude for imaginative problem solving
- Proactive, strong work ethic with ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong MS Office skills with an emphasis on PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Fosters strong interpersonal relationships amongst the program managers to build trust and sense of shared accountability on the team to drive success through assisting in tracking program accomplishments and action items.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
Travel Available for occasional travel