Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 10+ equivalent years of relevant experience in project management and scheduling. Individual will provide program scheduling support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is highly desired. Experience with FAA system engineering and implementation of major FAA systems is desired.
- Build a quality program schedule (quality being defined by the GAO’s draft Best Practices in schedule development), whether the schedule is built from the ground up, or is “inherited”
- Lead project planning efforts supporting a government program office
- Gather and process schedule updates; provide analysis and status reports (oral and written) to program stakeholders including technical leads, program management officials, and external entities such as the Office of Management and Budget
- Evaluate project, program, and cross program dependencies
- Evaluate program schedules for realism around engineering, implementation, installation and testing
- Leverage schedule data to generate and provide metrics to program office stakeholders, including critical path analysis
- Perform other schedule related activities as directed
- Participate in and support regular risk assessment activities, EVM activities, and baseline reviews
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project planning efforts.
- Strong analytical, computer and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in project schedule analysis software, such as Steelray Project Analyzer or Primavera P6, is desired.
- Experience with, or understanding of, at least one Earned Value Management engine (such as Deltek Cobra) is desired.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Master’s degree is a plus
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
Travel Available for occasional travel