Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 10+ equivalent years of experience in government acquisition support and/or business case analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is desired. A Master’s degree or Ph.D. may count for additional years of experience.
Individuals will perform a wide variety of investment, acquisition, economic, budgetary, financial, and other analyses for the FAA in support of the acquisition and solution implementation phases of major programs. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Perform a wide variety of complex business and investment analysis – including cost, benefit, economic, and other related quantitative and qualitative studies and analyses for federal government clients.
- Provide analytical solutions, including development of program life cycle cost estimates (LCCEs), capital investment program analysis, benefit estimates, economic indicators such as NPV, ROI, and IRR, and other business case documentation for a wide range of investment analysis tasks.
- Work will include data collection, data normalization, life cycle cost analysis, software cost estimation, cost model development, cost risk analysis, earned value analysis, cost-benefit analysis, and other technical analyses as needed.
- Individuals may also support budget planning and congressional document formulation (e.g. OMB Exhibit 300 formulation).
- Providing acquisition strategy and planning support to the Federal Aviation Administration
- Supporting the government in conducting market research, developing market surveys, preparing for industry days, planning solicitations, responding to vendors’ inquiries, and preparing solicitation documents.
- Conducting alternatives analyses and preparing associated reports
- Supporting the preparation of business case documents and associated analysis/justification to obtain funding/approval to address organizational needs
- Prepare life cycle cost estimates and benefits estimates
- Providing source selection support including support for the preparation of Source Selection Plans, conducting Source Selection Evaluations, and preparing Source Selection Reports,
- Prepare current year and out-year budget forecasts and justification documentation,
- Assist the government in responding to budget inquiries, program budget and requirements analyses, impact statements development, and analytic and management support to budget meetings,
Individuals will be required to contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and cooperative working relationships. Detail oriented, self-driven individuals sought.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, engineering, operation research, or a similar field.
Graduate and Post Graduate degrees are a plus
High level of proficiency with MS Excel and other MS Office Products. Strong analytical background and good interpersonal skills.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
Travel Available for occasional travel