YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
The position requires 8+ equivalent years of experience in systems engineering and/or program analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Defense, or other federal agencies is desired. A Master’s degree or PhD is desired but not required and may count for additional years of experience.
Individual will perform a wide variety of systems engineering and program analysis roles to include, Development & analysis of system engineering requirements, deployment schedules, testing schedules, program investments, and other analyses for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other potential clients in support of mission-critical systems acquisition activities. Individuals must be able to perform analyses on systems, system engineering schedules, deployment schedules, risk analyses, and other processes and artifacts within program (e.g. Systems Specifications Document, Software System Specifications, etc.). Individual must also understand interdependent program risks at a technical level, run reports ad hoc using tools and artifacts already developed, and serve as a focal point for requests for schedule and systems engineering data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support strategic mission, program mission and investment analysis activities.
- Record and track system requirements and update schedule requirements and documentation detailing program requirements.
- Develop, analyze, and decompose program requirements into easily presentable and articulable reports
- Understand the technical detail and interdependencies of requirements their definitions and decompositions
- Develop and assess system and program alternatives
- Support, identify, and assess systems alternative solutions, gaps, shortfalls and risks.
- Participate in project teams with process owners, developers and architects on design and implementation.
- Status design reviews, program reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Work with program staff to ensure that requirements development is aligned with system development activities.
- Contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and foster cooperative working relationships.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, math, or related scientific field. A Master’s degree or PhD is strongly desired.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
Travel Available for occasional travel