What We Do
Cobec Consulting is your solution.
Our mission is to deliver accurate, comprehensive, and defensible solutions that enable programs to make smart, informed decisions.
We are an energetic and innovative management consulting company that employs a variety of disciplines, methods, and tools to partner with our clients, helping them to shape the future success of their organizations—all at an exceptional value.
As budgets decrease, programs continue to overrun and deliver late.
In the past 25 years, dozens of major Federal programs have been cancelled due to projected costs more than doubling, costing $100B+.
But others have successfully resolved their challenges.
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- Project completed ahead of schedule, under budget
- $76M project, approximately $5.6M under budget
- Completed 11 months ahead of schedule
Virginia-class Attack Submarine
- USS New Hampshire commissioned eight months early and $54 million under budget
- USS New Mexico delivered four months early, having required a million fewer work hours
- USS Mississippi commissioned a year ahead of schedule and $60 million under budget
Pentagon Repair (Phoenix Project)
- First tenants return to their offices 28 days before the Sep 11, 2002 goal
- $700M project completed $150M under budget
The Common Threads for Success
- Appropriately structured and comprehensive performance-based acquisition and procurement strategy and execution
- Robust, repeatable, and defensible cost, schedule, and risk analysis, validated independently
- In-depth risk identification, analysis, management, and mitigation
- Proactive program and project management best practices to include performance monitoring and reporting throughout the lifecycle
- Sound and detailed systems engineering to address technical, schedule, and cost scope and risk
Organizations need to have the capabilities, expertise, and the tools to increase the likelihood of success.
Acquisition Planning & Support
Acquisition & Procurement Support
- Acquisition Strategy
- Requirements and RFP Development and Support
- Source Selection Evaluation Support
- Contract Negotiation Support
Life Cycle Cost Estimation & Analysis
- Program Office Estimates
- Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) Development Support
- Software Estimation and Analysis
- Integrated Cost/Schedule/Risk Analysis
Financial & Economic Analysis
- Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- Investment Analysis
- Business Case Development, Analysis, and Evaluation
- Benefits and ROI Estimation and Analysis
- Shortfall Analysis
- Trade Off and Sensitivity Analysis
- Analysis of Alternatives
Program & Budget Formulation, Execution, Analysis, and Reporting
Program Management Support
Project Controls & Performance Monitoring
- Schedule Development and Analysis
- Earned Value Management
- Integrated Baseline Review Support and Training
- Post Implementation Review (PIR)
Policy Development & Analysis
Training Development & Implementation
CONOPS Development & Analysis
- Operations Research
- Site Survey Analysis
- Shortfall Analysis
- Concept of Operations Document Development
- Analysis of Prototype Findings
Requirements Development & Analysis
- Requirements Management Planning
- Development and Review of Requirements
- Requirements Change and Configuration Management Integration
- Software Architecture and Standards Analysis
- Enterprise Architecture Compliance
- Software Development Process Definition, analysis, and measurement
- Quality Analysis
- Legacy Software Analysis and sustainability analysis
- Operations Data Warehouse Development
System Development Tracking & Analysis
- Solution Implementation Performance Management
- Performance Indicators Reporting
- Software Quality Assurance Tracking
- Defect Forecasting and Vulnerability Analysis
- Risk Management Integration
FlightSync Airspace Analysis & Visualization
Custom Algorithm Development
Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Visualization
Machine Learning & Predictive Analytics
Cost Research and Analysis
Tools, Methods, and Models
Cobec Cost Model, SEER-Suite, TruePlanning, ACEIT
Primavera P6, MS Project, Steelray
Earned Value Engines and Reporting Tools
Microsoft Office Suite
Function Point Analysis
Data Base Development
Innovation ensures we stay in the forefront of data analysis, interpretation, and visualization to continuously enhance our capabilities and solutions. Our Innovation Center is an arena within Cobec where new technologies, capabilities and initiatives are tested, designed and developed.
Cobec’s Program Dashboard merges data from multiple disparate systems and locations into an interactive visualization. Through the Innovation Center, Cobec began to consolidate program specific data into an NAS Enterprise Database (another Cobec Innovation Center product), as well as applied automated Quality Control processes to ensure data integrity when developing Program Dashboards. These Program Dashboards allow our customers access to quality data, real-time, in custom user-defined interfaces to aid in complex decision making.
An example of a Program Dashboard is our Terminal Automation Modernization Replacement (TAMR) Program Dashboard. This dashboard displays real-time schedule information regarding the installation of terminal automation equipment across the United States and Alaska. When an installation is delayed, waterfall impacts can be assessed immediately and the Program Manager is able to make a decision to minimize the impacts and ensure the program continues to deploy successfully. It also provides automated reports of site status, configurations, operational software baseline, point of contacts, and a variety of other useful information to aid the decision making process.
FlightSync is a suite of tools and capabilities developed by Cobec to assess airspace, airport and flight performance. FlightSync models Terminal, En-route (ARTCCs) and Oceanic Environments. All of these tools and capabilities aid in better analyzing and understanding National Airspace System (NAS) behaviors. FlightSync offers the ability to visually analyze specific behavior and establish the relationship and context between NAS elements. Cobec developed FlightSync to help our clients articulate current and future NAS behaviors and operational value.